PHONE:  (508) 650-1200

Latest Blog Posts

What kind of assets do not go through Probate Court?

Posted on: February 24th, 2015
In general all the property that the deceased owned at the time of death will be part of the probate estate. However, there are some exceptions that do not go through probate....

Can I leave my son or daughter out of my Will or Trust?

Posted on: February 24th, 2015
Yes, it is possible to keep your daughter or son out of your estate planning documents, including a Will or Trust......

What is administration of my estate?

Posted on: February 10th, 2015
Administration of an estate, commonly known as Probate, involves the distribution of properties to the beneficiaries or heirs, the collection of assets, and payment of liabilities. It is conducted under some degree of probate court authority and supervision but there are also different procedures that are available....

What does it mean to "fund" your Trust?

Posted on: February 10th, 2015
To fund a trust is an essential step in setting up your Trust. To fund a trust simply means that you need to transfer your assets into the name of your trust. In order to do this, you must ensure that you title in the name of your trust the assets that you intend to transfer. Your Trustees will not have control of your assets unless your properly title your assets in the name of the trust....

Do I need to execute a Health Care Proxy?

Posted on: January 23rd, 2015
Yes, Health Care Proxy's are not just for the elderly. Once someone turns eighteen years of age, their parents are no longer entitled to make health care decisions on their behalf. Furthermore, they are not even allowed to obtain their son or daughters confidential medical information....

I have minor children. Why do I need an estate plan?

Posted on: January 23rd, 2015
For people with minor children, having an estate plan is of the utmost importance. This is because the court will have no idea who you wanted to take care of your minor children in the event that both you and your spouse have passed away. With the creation of an estate plan, you are able to nominate a Guardian to care for your children in the event that something were to occur....
Posts: 1 2 All


Get email notifications when we post new blogs. Subscribe